Monday, October 13, 2008

Cici Aloe Drink (?)



Well, after the last entry, I thought I needed more of a challenge, and I found it in an aloe flavored snack-in-a-pouch. It winningly has Jay Chou on the package, who my girls assure me is the current heart-throb in China and beyond. I asked Allyne what it tasted like, and then stopped listening as I put the straw in my mouth. I took a long sip and..Whoa! Those were chunks! My eyes got big and Allyne laughed at me, "Mom, I just told you it had jelly chunks." Turns out it isn't even actually green, but it's from a green plant, in a green package, and I think I kind of turned green trying it. That qualifies it as a green snack right there.

4 comments:

ferskner said...

Bleh! I do not understand Asia and jelly chunks. A good friend of mine here bought a huge bag of jelly straws, and they were gross. I do not enjoy that texture. What was the taste like, other than texture?

mom of fab five said...

You are one brave woman!!!! Things dark from staws are not supposed to have chunks--unless it is a smoothie from Jamba--but then if it is a smoothie it is not chunkie--oh the circle i could go in. I feel like i am living this adventure with you.....

colleeeen said...

I must be the voice of dissent and say I LOVE weird squishy asian jelly-clogged drinks. Gimme some of that sweet, sweet boba! Grass jelly? Thank you, yes! Although i still approach sweetened bean desserts with great trepidation.

colleeeen said...

more snacks! more snacks! more snacks!